Posted On: 05/28/22 3:08 PM
In case you missed it, Prep Dig Minnesota updated our 2023 Prospect Rankings earlier this week! The rankings now include 178 college prospects with a top five of , , , , and !
We have begun analyzing the rankings updates in the following articles, too:
- Deep Defensive Talent in the Class of 2023
- More Sneaky Good Recruiting Classes From PD National 2023s
- Must-See Athletes "Playing Up" in 2022: Middle Blockers
- Class of 2023 Updated Rankings: Top 9 MN Middles
- MN Class of 2023 Updated Rankings: 9 Middles You Need To Know
- Big Ten Representation in Prep Dig 2023 Rankings
- Get 'Em Before They're Gone: 2023 Setters and 'Bros
- MN ‘23 Updated Rankings: 12 More Middles On Our Radar
- Twenty-One Available ’23 MN Middles
- Must-See Athletes “Playing Up” in 2022: Setters
- Rankings Watch: 2023 Pins In The Top 25
Things you need to know about our Prospect Rankings
How do you decide where a player gets ranked? Let us tell you.
Prep Dig Minnesota prospect rankings are compiled by our Scouts with input from high school, club, and college coaches who watch a ton of Minnesota volleyball. We put a lot of time and energy into it and we are as diligent as we can possibly be to get it right. We never intentionally set out to bury a kid or leave them off the list. We try not to be biased, other than favoring athletes with talent and a desire to get better. We work hard at being fair.
Most importantly, this list is about college potential, not current performance. Let us repeat that: This list is about college potential, not current performance. This is the big one, the factor that causes the most consternation, the most misunderstanding, especially among keenly interested parents. With that in mind, club ball matters greatly. We are obviously not ignoring the high school season. It is a reality, however, that players who do not play in club events that are highly attended by other collegiate prospects are diminishing their opportunity to get noticed and distinguish themselves as a recruit and therefore make the rankings.